Similar to color assignment in GrabCAD Print, assigning material properties to a mutli-body STL assembly is super easy and done with just a simple click. One of the many advantages the Stratasys J750 offers is the ability to assign multiple types of materials to a single part. Multi-material 3D printing reduces time, effort, and expenses of producing parts that require multiple properties such as rigid, rubber-like, overmolded, and colored features.
To assign material properties to an STL assembly, you first want to:
1. Import the assembly of STL files into GrabCAD.
2. Next, click on a subsection of the part to select it.
3. Looking at the print settings menu on the right, select a desired material property from the “Digital Material” drop down menu.
4. After the material property is selected, choose a desired blend/color option for the STL.
5. Repeat these steps for the remainding STLs in the assembly and send the job to the printer.