EviXscan’s Heavy Duty Quadro is the first 3D scanner ready to scan in almost any condition making 3D scanning possible outdoors or in the harshest of conditions. With its aluminum body and carbon fiber beam, the Quadro is highly versatile and guarantees precise measurements allowing for an easy scan alignment and calibration process. On this edition of 30 on 3D, learn from our 3D scanning expert and R&D Engineer, Cameron Williams, on how to utilize automated scan alignment with the eviXscan 3D Heavy Duty Quadro.
1. To begin the process, prep the part by applying the coded registration points.
2. Next, adjust the scan settings for optimum output and select “Show/Hide Markers” to ensure that all of the points show up.
3. Once that is complete, select “Scan”.
4. When the first scan is complete, rotate the part.
5. Once again, make sure the data points are showing up and initiate the next scan.
6. The scan software will automatically register the points and align each scan together. Now you can utilize this process to scan the rest of the part.