*Please Note: This is an in-person position. We are only interviewing applicants who are local.*
Are you ready to be a part of a talented team of industry professionals? Are you an enthusiastic, solutions-focused, sales-driven professional that is looking for a position with excitement and variety? Due to our continued success in delivering the highest level of additive manufacturing solutions in every market, Purple Platypus and Purple Porcupine is expanding our team of 3D Printing Sales Engineers!
Our Sales Engineers promote a wide breadth of products and services, leveraging their expertise and experience which is second to none. You’ll work closely with the development departments of the country’s most recognizable and progressive businesses to help them bring their newest products to market. Our Sales Engineers are supported by the industry’s most experienced application engineers all working closely in the same location.
- 3D printed parts sales
- Engineering Services Sales
- Respond to, and develop, incoming sales leads
- Travel to customer sites for consultations
- Develop strong, long term customer accounts
- Research, prospect and convert new and valuable customer accounts
- Liaise with Purple Platypus application engineers working on customer projects
- Support marketing events and tradeshows
- Demonstrates ability to exceed sales goals in a fast-paced, and dynamic sales position
- Closing new business on a monthly and quarterly cycle
- Diligently maintaining and tracking sales stage status in CRM
- Ability to work successfully with prospects to understand their needs and prioritize and manage requests across multiple organizations
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of an organization as well as external suppliers and vendors
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Proficient in PC, MS Windows Programs, and Salesforce CRM system
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A great disposition with an energetic approach to business is a MUST!
- Strong people skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office
- Technical aptitude
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience selling in a similar environment
- Min 3 years work experience is a plus
- Mechanical design experience is a plus
- Experience with 3D printing or an associated field is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
This position is in-person at our Irvine, CA Tech Center.
Purple Platypus is the premier Stratasys 3D printer reseller in Southern California, Arizona, and Nevada. We also sell and support these industry-leading products: ExOne metal 3D printers, Roland Milling Machines, ProtoMax Waterjets, Materialise Software products, and eviXscan 3D scanners. Purple Porcupine, the sister company of Purple Platypus, is the industry leader in 3D printing and engineering services utilizing all Stratasys 3D printing technologies in their showroom which is the largest 3D printer showroom in the Southwest region of the US.
With over 30 years of accumulated experience in the 3D Printing Industry, Purple Platypus provides their customers with extensive industry and product knowledge, expert engineering application consultation, and solution-based technical support services. For more information, please visit www.purpleplatypus.com or contact Purple Platypus at (949) 474-9222.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Purple Platypus is the leading industry expert in additive manufacturing.
Purple Platypus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].