Roland MDX-540 Milling Machine
High Performance Precision Prototyping
Don’t have a CNC Programmer in-house? No problem! With Roland benchtop mills, CNC milling has become as easy as uploading an STL and sending it straight to the mill.
Any way you look at it – the Roland MDX-540 Subtractive Rapid Prototyping (SRP) System is a winner. A 4-axis desktop CNC device, the MDX-540 is complete with powerful CAM software that quickly and easily produces everything from functional and snap-fit parts and prototypes to light metal molds and custom jewelry.
12.7 (X) × 7.0 (Y) in.
400 to 12,000 rpm
under no-load conditions
29.3(W) × 37.6(D) × 33.8(H) in.
Roland MDX-540 Overview
Rapid prototyping and manufacturing technology:
- Creates accurate prototypes for complex snap-fits
- Produces functional prototypes for proof of concept and manufacturability testing
- Achieves smooth surface finish across a wide range of materials
- 400W DC Brushless motor with increased torque for fast, accurate prototypes
- Includes user-friendly CAM Software
- Handheld controller and virtual control panel simplifies setup
- Specialty MDX-540S and MDX-540SA models available for enhanced precision and accurate, repeatable production
- Optional fourth rotary axis and automatic tool changer available
- Maximum 19.68″ by 15.74″ by 6.10″ XYZ-Axis Travel
SRP Player CAM Software
Designed for use by design professionals as well as students and novices SRP Player allows MDX users to simply open a 3D file, click through the step-by-step interface, then hit the “print” button to send designs to the MDX-540. SRP Player automates the prototyping process and generates tool paths with high speed and precision, also offering 3D scaling, support for 4-axis milling and simulation of finished 3D parts.