SpaceClaim STL Prep for 3D Printing
LiveReview and STL Prep Module
The STL Prep for 3D Printing module prepares models for 3D printing efficiently and easily by offering a single solution that not only repairs problems, but also modifies STL and CAD files.
Now you can extend the full power of ANSYS SpaceClaim into a single, secure, and engaging 3D modeling session. With LiveReview, more than one user can contribute to review and editing sessions in real time, no matter where they are. Every SpaceClaim customer currently on active subscription will have early access to LiveReview (a $500 per year service) for free for six months beginning today.
STL Prep for 3D Printing Module
SpaceClaim Engineer 2016 now gives you an easier way to prepare your models for 3D printing. With the new STL Prep for 3D Printing module, you will enjoy all the benefits of an innovative, more intuitive 3D modeling solution for 3D printing.
Working with STL Files
- Analyze and Clean STL: Watertight & intersection analysis; generalized detection of holes, misaligned normals, co-incident triangles; repair STL for printing
- Cut & Combine parts (Boolean operations)
- Edit STL directly
Shelling & Creating Connecting Features
- Shelling: Less printing costs, less shipping costs, faster print times
- Creating Connecting Features: Make connecting pins or offsets to recombine the model after printing
- Converting to solid: Thickening, deleting, splitting, and more
- Save and Export STL Files
- Import other faceted formats such as OBJ, cgr, AMF