On this edition of 30 on 3D, Development Engineer, Brandon Liu takes us through the steps of using the Assembly feature in GrabCAD Print Pro.
The Assembly feature allows users to turn any selection of multiple models into an assembly. You can achieve a tighter arrangement which is useful for nesting smaller models within ring-shaped or c-shaped models. Also, any assembly model you add to the project can be dissolved into separate models.
Key Features of GrabCAD Print Pro:
- Accuracy Center: tools for analysis and correction of FDM parts using 3D scan data
- Per-Part Time Estimation: receive estimates of material usage for every part on the tray and export/copy the data to spreadsheets
- Manufacturing Templates: create templates to define, enforce, distribute, and use proven customer defined presets
- Labels: embed part numbers or create serial numbers
- 3D Array: pack the build volume of your printer with a 3D array of a selection of models
- Create/Dissolve Assembly: create or dissolve an assembly of selected models, either mesh or CAD