On this edition of 30 on 3D, Development Engineer, Brandon Liu takes us through the steps of nesting your parts using the 3D array feature in GrabCAD Print Pro.
With the 3D array feature, you can create a 3-dimensional array of a selection of models to easily pack the build volume of your printer. This will help with increasing throughput and reducing build times. For example, if you need to print parts over the weekend but don’t have the manpower to do so, this is a great feature for you to take advantage of in order to get all of your parts printed on time.
Key Features of GrabCAD Print Pro:
- Accuracy Center: tools for analysis and correction of FDM parts using 3D scan data
- Per-Part Time Estimation: receive estimates of material usage for every part on the tray and export/copy the data to spreadsheets
- Manufacturing Templates: create templates to define, enforce, distribute, and use proven customer defined presets
- Labels: embed part numbers or create serial numbers
- 3D Array: pack the build volume of your printer with a 3D array of a selection of models
- Create/Dissolve Assembly: create or dissolve an assembly of selected models, either mesh or CAD
Meet Brandon Liu
Meet our Development Engineer, Brandon Liu. Brandon works alongside our Engineering team to create innovative products for our customers. Whether he’s scanning parts with our 3D scanner or working on Purple Porcupine customer files, Brandon brings enthusiasm and a learning mindset. Brandon’s favorite part about working at Purple Platypus is that every day there is a diverse array of applications, and each come with their own learning experiences.
Out of the office, Brandon enjoys competitive dance, spending time with friends, and trying new Irvine restaurants. If you haven’t had the chance to meet Brandon, yet stop by our office to say hi or connect with him on LinkedIn!