Stratasys FDM printers are the most reliable and repeatable 3D printers on the market.
The Stratasys Fortus 450 3D printer is a tried and true system, that has been adopted by aerospace, automotive, and customers in multiple different industries. For many years, Stratasys has continued research and development of new materials on this printer with recent material additions, such as Nylon12 Carbon Fiber, Antero 800NA, and Antero 840CN03.
But now, Stratasys is opening the printer to new materials that provide customers with what they’ve been asking for: more options and more capabilities. Referred to as the Open Material License (OML), the new Stratasys Validated Materials have gone through reliability testing to accelerate the expansion of material options. Even with the new materials, customers are only putting materials into their printer that have met certain requirements.
These new Validated Materials have been developed in partnerships with an ever-growing number of polymer chemistry companies and provide the most extensive portfolio on the market. These materials have been produced to meet Stratasys quality standards:
- Strong and stiff composite material
- Glass-fill allows for superior thermal performance at elevated temperatures
- Primary applications: commercial and passenger rail – replacement and custom parts
- Electrical insulator
- Good dimensional stability
- Primary applications: passenger and commercial rail – replacement for obsolete parts
- Low cost
- General Use
- High impact resistance
- Primary applications: low-requirement jigs & fixtures, manufacturing aids, and functional prototypes
- High temperature
- Excellent chemical resistance
- High performance strength and low outgassing
- Primary applications: aerospace, oil, and gas
As I continue to discuss the new Validated Materials with our customers, they are excited that Stratasys continues to invest in the Fortus 450 to make it one of the most valuable FDM printers on the market.
With a commitment to continually expanding the Validated Material offering, Stratasys will meet customer needs. And that makes happy customers.
Meet Geoff Varga
As a Sales Engineer for both Purple Platypus and Purple Porcupine, Geoff helps our Arizona customers find the right additive solution for their needs. Geoff’s favorite thing about working at Purple is that he gets to learn something new every day and he is able to help our clients develop innovative products that change the world.
Out of the office, Geoff enjoys volunteering in the community and spending time with his family. If you haven’t had the chance to meet Geoff, be sure to connect with him on LinkedIn!